Technical Support Associate
A Technical Support Associate provides high-level technical support to customers of our genetic Knowledge as a Service platform. They also mentor and train technical account specialists. As part of their duties, they may visit customers within an assigned area to coordinate the installation and integration of services and ensure services are functioning properly. Technical support personnel have an important role in ensuring customer satisfaction.
· Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or a related field.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve technical issues quickly
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer facing role.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task, handle multiple projects, and drive a project to completion.
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Demonstrated skills for organization and attention to detail
· Able to solve problems of varying scope and complexity
· Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams and build relationships
· Able to interpret customer needs and suggest solutions
Technical Account Manager Responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Manage the delivery of recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer satisfaction and trust
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Own the responsibility for efficiently managing a caseload from multiple
- Test, conduct quality assurance and validate for technical feasibility and product launch.
- Respond to technical concerns and problems, ensuring smooth implementation and launch.
- Communicate with clients and internal teams to explain products and implementation schedules
- Document technical requirements, schedules and client interactions.
- Coordinate the installation and integration of services for customers.
- Advocate customer needs and concerns to Development, and Science teams to partner with them in finding resolutions to customer issues.
- Communicate consistently with management regarding key support cases and priority issues.
Who you are:
· Excellent Communicator. Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within Translational and with customers. You have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence and are able to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience.
· Energy and Enthusiasm.
· Strong work ethic.
· Problem Solver. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
· Quick Learner. You have the ability to learn new technology and business processes.
· Cat Herder. Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams to drive issues to closure and new functionality to market.
· Team Player. Ability to get along with others and contribute positively to the team environment. You have a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
· Experienced. Experience providing technical support for software or web-based products. You have basic Knowledge of HTML.